Saturday, September 11th, 2021 is Orland River Day!
Orland River Day is a town celebration held each year (rain or shine) - complete with a parade, food, crafts, a "Downeast" raft race and many other activities. This year we are celebrating our 46th Orland River Day!
Orland River Day 2021 Schedule of Events:
- 8a-9a - Vendor Setup on Narramissic Drive & Orland Historical Society open with coffee, treats, for parade line-up
- 8:30a-10a - Alewife Paddle Run
- 9a - Parade Line up at the Orland Community Center
- 9am-2pm - Vendors along Narramissic Drive.
- 9:30am-10:30am - Parade
- 10:00am - Parade Ceremony 9/11 remembrance in the Village area
- 10:30am-12:30am - Orland Trees & Trails tours a the Orland Community Center (On the hour: 10:30/11:30/12:30... 12:30 time slot specific youth focus)
- 11a-2p -Orland Historical Society Open (23 School House Road)
- 11a-2p - Music at the Gazebo/Musictorium! (Bee and the Hornets)
- 12p-1p - Raft Race & Awards
- 1p-2:30p - Display of Art Festival entries in the Orland Community Center
- Parade: Parade Route will begin at the Orland Community Center, traveling School House Road to Gray Meadow Road, then follow Castine Road through the Orland Village to end at the Orland Post office. See Map Here.*