Solid Waste Transfer Station
180 Gray Meadow Road
Orland, Maine 04472
Hours of Operation
Wednesdays & Saturdays
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 р.m.
Sundays - 9:00 а.m. to 3:00 р.m.
(Closed Legal Holidays)
The Town of Orland Solid Waste Transfer Station is for disposal of Orland residential trash only. No commercial haulers, contractor vehicles or trash from businesses allowed.
Transfer Station Decals
А Town decal affixed to vehicle is required for access to facility.
To obtain а decal, please bring your auto registration or tax bill to the transfer station.
Transfer Station Disposal Tips
- No liquids allowed
- Cardboard and paper may be disposed of in Compactor #2
- Tires must have rims removed. Up to 8 tires per day
- Paint cans must be dried out with lids removed
- Seafood shells must be bagged in plastic and disposed of in Compactor #1
- Bagged leaves, grass and yard/garden clippings may be disposed of in Compactor #1
- Brush Pile is for tree limbs and brush not exceeding 6' in length and 6" in diameter
- Metal items, large or small, including clean cans, may be recycled in Dumpster #4
- Re-Sale Shop located in the transfer station garage. Funds from sales used to offset expenses. Donated items are appreciated. All items are accepted at the discretion of attendant.
- $5 Minimum charge for demo
- Household demolition - $15/$30 per pickup truck load
- Asphalt shingles - $15 to $30. Limit 2 loads per household
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, de-humidifiers - $15 each
(Refrigerator and freezer doors must bе removed)
- Large Appliances (Stove, Washer, Dryer) - $5.00
- Televisions - $2 each regardless of size. Dispose of inside garage
- Fluorescent tubes - $2.00/8 ft. $1.00/4 ft. $.50/bulb
Fluorescent ballasts – $1.00. Dispose of inside garage
- Lithium batteries - $1.00. No charge for car batteries
Please Note: If you own property in another town, trash and demolition items from that town cannot be brought to the Orland Transfer Station, even if you also own property in Orland.