Solid Waste Transfer Station
180 Gray Meadow Road
Orland, Maine 04472
Hours of Operation
Wednesdays & Saturdays
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 р.m.
Sundays - 9:00 а.m. to 3:00 р.m.
(Closed Legal Holidays)
The Town of Orland Solid Waste Transfer Station is for disposal of Orland residential trash only. No commercial haulers, contractor vehicles or trash from businesses allowed.
Transfer Station Decals
А Town decal affixed to vehicle is required for access to facility.
To obtain а decal, please bring your auto registration or tax bill to the transfer station.
Transfer Station Disposal Tips
- No liquids allowed
- Clean cardboard, and newspapers, may be disposed of in Compactor #2 (No pizza boxes, egg cartons or other food related paper products)
- Tires must have rims removed. Up to 8 tires per day
- Paint cans must be dried out with lids removed
- Seafood shells must be bagged in plastic and disposed of in Compactor #1
- Bagged leaves, grass and yard/garden clippings may be disposed of in Compactor #1
- Bulk leaves, tree limbs and branches not exceeding 10' in length and 6" in diameter, as well as lumber with nails removed and free of paint and creosol may be disposed of in the burn pile
- Metal items, large or small, including clean cans, may be recycled in Dumpster #4
- Returnable bottles and cans accepted. Funds used to offset transfer station operating expenses or to fund projects within the Orland community
- Re-Sale Shop located in the transfer station garage. Funds from sales used to offset expenses. Donated items are appreciated. All items are accepted at the discretion of attendant.
- Household demolition - $15 to $30 per pickup truck load
- Asphalt shingles - $15 to $30. Limit 2 loads per household
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, de-humidifiers - $15 each
(Refrigerator and freezer doors must bе removed)
- Large Appliances (Stove, Washer, Dryer) - $5.00
- Propane cylinders (valves removed) - $10 / $20
- Televisions - $2 each regardless of size. Dispose of inside garage
- Fluorescent tubes - $2.00/8 ft. $1.00/4 ft. $.50/bulb
Fluorescent ballasts – $1.00. Dispose of inside garage
- Lithium batteries - $1.00. No charge for car batteries
- Couch - SЗ.00 Chair/Recliner - $2.00
- Box spring - $2.00 Mattress - $2.00